You’re engaged and excited to be planning your special day. There are so many things to consider from where to host your event to flowers to food and so much more.
You want your family and friends to have a great time and enjoy themselves as they celebrate with you. Having great food with a beautiful setting and lively entertainment can make your event special and one your family and friends will remember for years to come. So, picking the right caterer for your reception can be one of the biggest challenges and decisions you have to make.
Many venues like hotels and private clubs will provide you with their catering services. Once you select one of those venues, the catering will be part of the package. Few will allow outside caterers, and if they do, there’s always an extra fee.
For other venues such as museums, city and county facilities and historic homes, you will be able to choose the caterer that best suits your needs.
Here are a few questions you should ask when choosing your caterer. The more you can tell your caterer about your event and what you want for your reception, helps them to ensure they can guide you through the process and it allows you to make sure you are selecting the caterer that is perfect for you.
• Are you available on my wedding date?
• Are you full service? (Provide table set up and clean up)
• Do you provide waitstaff? How will they be dressed?
• Do you serve alcohol? What are your bar packages?
• Do you provide licensed bartenders?
• Is the food prepared onsite or offsite and then brought in?
• Do you provide amenities, such as tables, chairs, china, etc?
• Are gratuities for the waitstaff included?
• Do you offer tastings? How do they take place and is there a cost?
• Who will oversee the meal on the day of?
• When do you need finalized menu choices?
• When do you need final guest counts?
So, now that you have an idea on some of the questions you need to ask, it is time to start doing your research and setting appointments with caterers.