Picking a venue can be an overwhelming process. With so many details to take into account, you may feel like you’re never asking everything you need to ask. To help make the process a bit easier, here are 7 questions you may not think to ask, but definitely should.
- Do you have a backup space in case of bad weather or a technical issue? Don’t just think weather issues. Power outages or leaks or also reasons to be prepared.
- Is this venue close to hotels and easily accessible for guests via rideshare? If your guests will be transporting themselves to the venue and consuming alcohol, odds are they will use a ridesharing service such as Uber. You’ll want to make sure they can access the venue entrance.
- How many hours does the rental cover? What time can we start setting up? What time do we have to be gone by?
- Do you have multiple events going on at once? If so, does it get loud?
- Are there decor restrictions? Some venues, for example, do not allow open flames for safety purposes, or the use of confetti for the sake of cutting down cleaning time.
- Is there ample parking available? Is it free parking or is there a valet cost we should cover?
- Are there noise restrictions for the venue? You will want to know if the city has a noise ordinance that will require your event to end by a certain time.
These questions will keep you from having any last minute surprises or complaints from guests so that your event can be as seamless and enjoyable as possible. And, of course, always make sure to ask for a printed version of their full cancellation policy. There may be fine print there that is incredibly important. Like any big decision, do not skimp or cut corners on the research. It may seem like a lot of work, but you will thank yourself in the end. And of course, Bill Hansen is always happy to help you source the perfect venue for your desires and budget.